We’re back from the annual MNF Bend Trip (2003 edition). Perhaps not as fun as last year, but quite good. I’m not up to a full report, but some highlights included:
- meeting Eila and Sam for Indian food on Saturday afternoon,
- playing a L-O-N-G game of Carcassonne with Jeremy and Jennifer (and Joel), and listening to them bicker,
- playing nine-ball with Jeff and Sabino while listening to Kris play Carcassonne with Jeremy and Jennifer, and listening to them bicker,
- my haircut at the Metropolitan barbershop (an annual event), performed by Jerry Servo, the man who cut my hair when I was a kid,
- playing the Game of Life with Steph, Julie, Ron, and Kim, just like when we were kids,
- teaching the group to play Wizard, which they took to immediately,
- some damn fine flank steak from Jeremy for dinner Sunday night (I only wish there’d been more!),
- and lots of general relaxation with good friends.
Kris and I look forward to this trip every year; we don’t have a lot in common with this group anymore (except with Jeremy and Jennifer), but we have a shared history that counts for an awful lot.
We get to plan the trip next year, and though I’ve been saying that I want us to go to Black Butte instead of Sunriver (in order to save an hour of travel time each way), the house we stayed in this year was quite nice. Assuming that the same fourteen people return next year (and I hope that’s exactly what happens), this house would probably be a good choice. (As long as we hide the war movies from Jeremy before he gets there!)
On 29 April 2003 (05:10 AM),
On 29 April 2003 (05:19 AM),
another J.D. said: